Welcoming our new President | Another record scholarship year | Award, scholarship winners announced | Mr. Mensa 2016
Mensa Foundation Board
Front row, from far left: Dave Remine Joanne Soper, Marie Mayer, Guy Conti, Deb Stone, Bibiana Balanyi. Back row, from left: Jane Hanson, Eldon Romney, James Werdell,
Lessa Scherrer, Jill Beckham
Trustees Welcome New President
THERE IS NO QUITTING in the Mensa Foundation's new president, Marie Mayer, as she eloquently articulates in her blog post on "Why the Foundation's Impact Matters." Marie's commitment to improving the lives of intelligent people is well documented but is perhaps best illustrated by her National Service Award (2010) and the Chairman's Award for outstanding service to American Mensa (2000).
Even after two terms as Foundation vice president, Marie still draws inspiration from the Foundation's work to benefit society, and it's a good thing because there's still so much more she wants to do.
Why It Matters to Marie →
Another record year for scholarships
More than 11,000 students competed for 190 scholarship awards at the local, regional, national and international level with a total record value of more than $91,000. The 94 Local Groups who completed the scholarship judging each received a $300 Karen Cooper or Diana Mossip Memorial Scholarship awarded on their behalf.
Support the Program →
The Foundation at work
AFE winners Nielsen Pereira & Enyi Jen
Annual awards honor intellectual achievement
The Mensa Foundation recognizes outstanding honorees for research, creativity, teaching and working with gifted youth.

Foundation Honors →
Mensa Foundation scholarships
2015-16 scholarship recipients announced
From right-next-door to around-the-world, your Foundation awarded more than $91,000 to 190 deserving students across the globe.

View The Winners →
Mr. Mensa 2016
Crowning our king at Mr. Mensa 2016
Meet your 2016 Mr. Mensa: Tommy Ryan! His effervescent personality helped bring in more than $5,000 for the Foundation in San Diego.

Share Tommy's Story →
New, increased scholarships
Scholarships receive new, increased endowments
Amount for Local Group awards increase while new scholarships target veterans, students returning to formal education, STEM and LGBT.

Read More →
Who we impact
Scholarship winner Austin M. Boyle
MBA Candidate 2018, Cornell University
quotesI am truly grateful to be awarded the Galiley Scholarship and want to thank the MENSA Foundation for my consideration. Growing up in a single parent working class household, I never imagined I would have the opportunity to attend an Ivy League university. … The support I am receiving from the MENSA Foundation allows me to pursue my goal of leveraging my MBA to make a positive impact on my community.