Mensa Prize announcement | Colloquium speakers | STEM scholarship updates | Copper Black Award winner | Donate to the Mensa Foundation
Mensa Foundation Prize
Announcing the Mensa Foundation Prize
A Mensan for nearly 50 years, Kenneth Douglas Thomson's love for the organization was matched by his value of intelligence and learning. In that light, the Mensa Foundation proudly announces the creation of the Mensa Foundation Prize, endowed by the estate of Mr. Thomson.
Starting at $10,000 and increasing in subsequent years, the award will recognize discoveries in brain-related research, creation of tools and mechanisms for advancing such research, or any significant research that leads to an improved understanding of human intelligence. A committee of accomplished Mensans and even a Nobel Laureate will announce the inaugural selection next summer.
Mensa Prize Details →
Don't miss Colloquium 2017!
Hurricanes and mass shootings are two perfect examples of the complex and traumatic care challenges facing today's medical community. Luckily, the first two speakers announced for Colloquium are just as perfect at exploring those challenges.
Dr. Sheri Fink earned the Pulitzer Prize for her coverage of life-or-death decisions made at a hospital besieged by Hurricane Katrina. Dr. Joseph Ibrahim is the trauma center director at Regional Medical Center in Orlando, where a shooting at the Pulse Club in 2016 killed 49 people. Join us July 5 in Hollywood, Fla., to explore the health care implications of catastrophic events.
Meet The Speakers →
The Foundation at work
New STEM scholarship
Investing in our future
The STEM scholarship, fully endowed and established at the $2,000 level, is an exciting addition to our scholarship efforts, now on track to surpass $146,000 for 2016.

Scholarship Details →
Support the Mensa Foundation
The gift that makes a difference
It takes only minutes to make a donation to the Mensa Foundation — a gift that helps us award scholarships, publish research and recognize researchers and educators.

Support Your Foundation →
Who we Impact
Dr. Susan McLaughlin-Jones
Gifted Children Coordinator, Bluegrass Mensa
I am thrilled that Mensa has chosen me for the Copper Black Award for Creativity. I am grateful to Fayette County Public Schools for supporting my research, first by allowing me to engage in the initial study at one of their schools, but also the individuals who have been supported me from proof-reading papers, being my sounding board, participating in the many projects I've initiated, and encouraging my relentless pursuit to improve schools for all students.